The purpose of the library is to provide resources for civic education in human rights and provide assistance for professional development of human rights officers. An access to the library is free for everyone.
From 1997 with support of the Institute of Raol Walenberg and SIDA the rehabilitation of the library was performed by UNDP. The fund of books was updated. The library was equiped.
The library provides various services to the citizens:
1. Publications and print materials on human rights in Georgian and Foreign languages
2. Access to the national library' fund
3. Access to civic education events
4. Access to internet (2 hours in a week)
5. Office assistance (Copier, Printer, Scanner)